SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019
Since the SSC CHSL is comprised of 3 different levels, we must deal with their syllabus independently.
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CHSL 2019, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
||No of Questions
||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)
||English Language (Basic Knowledge)
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus
|General Intelligence and Reasoning
||Profit & Loss
||Mixtures & Allegations
||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices
||Work & Time
||Fill in the blanks
||Time & Distance
||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting
||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
||Awards and Honors
||One Word Substitution
||Books and Authors
||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage
||Sequence & Series
||Permutation, Combination &Probability
• There is negative marking in SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
• The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
• The questions are based on 10 level.
• The exam is qualifying in nature.
• Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 3 of SSC CHSl Exam 2019 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO):
• Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
• The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes .
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
• Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
• Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
• It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
• Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute.
• Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
• The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
• Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
Note: After skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be appointed based on their position in the merit list.